Sunday, August 25, 2013

Once again....off to Thailand and first to Bali!

In just three weeks I will be going to spend time in Bali to do a Master Class in Crystal Bowl Sonic Therapy. I am very excited as I have searched a long time to find the right class that resonates with me to achieve this certification. I also have been approached to do a series of recordings of my Bowl Work so this training will only enhance the recordings we will do in October!  Recordings will be available soon so watch for that late this year.

After Bali I will spend a couple of days in Singapore, where I grew up. Then on to Chiang Mai to do some work again with the elephants at Patara Elephant Farm. I am eager to see for myself how the work has been helping those elephants I worked with in April and May of this year. It is going to be wonderful to spend a week in Chiang Mai and spend as much time as possible with them! My daughter Cara will be with me. She is also very excited to go, and she is gifted with the Singing Bowls, both Tibetan and Crystal Alchemy Bowls, so she will be a tremendous asset this trip! Elephants have long been her favorite animal. She has dreamt of going with me, so this adventure I will be very excited to experience the elephants with Cara. Such a treat for me.

And My good friend Donna will also attend the Master Class and we will be on this adventure together. It will be thrilling to experience her joy with all of this as well, and she is beyond excited to go to Patara Elephant Farm and contribute to the well being of the elephants. What fun this is going to be for all of us.

Pat, owner of Patara Elephant Farm reports that the mahouts and the team have been continuing the work with the Singing Bowls that we have brought to them. He says that the elephants are happier.  That makes my heart soar. It makes it all worthwhile.

Since I returned to Bozeman after the initial trip earlier this year, so many people are excited about the project. So many people from all around the neighborhood and friends we see passing through know about the Bowls for Elephants project and they have a great sense of pride and joy regarding this. They also are happy to contribute in their own way to help this dream stay alive and well. We are truly touched by the generosity of many if it is just a kind word to encourage us, or a donation to the jar we keep in the store. We have these fun little hand-thrown ceramic dishes my long time friend Ellen Cline Sweeney makes for us with an elephant hand- drawn in them. We sell them by the register, all proceeds go to our project, to date we have sold over 80 of them. They are making everyone smile.

We begin our weekly concert/meditation in the store this week. The concert will be able to seat 30 guests each week and we will do a concert in store featuring our Tibetan Singing Bowls and a variety of Alchemy Crystal Bowls and the concert will benefit Bowls for Elephants as we are asking for a $10 donation from our guests. This is a win-win. I LOVE playing, our guests will be delighted by the angelic tones of the bowls and the donations go to a great cause. The money will be used to purchase more bowls for the elephants. At the moment we are considering the next set of bowls to go to the Chiang Mai Elephant Hospital.

Excited yet? WE certainly are. Keep checking in. Much more to come. This little project makes people happy, since there is hope for the elephants we work with to have a happier life WE hope that the work we do allows them to let go of the stress they have experienced to make room to live the lives they so deserve. We want to be part of that story. We are part of that story and so are you by caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment